What’s included in the price of a charter?
bait, ice, tackle, rod/reel, fish cleaning, fishing instruction and email digital photos of your trip are all included.
Do I need a fishing license when on an Aquatic Escape?
No, all passengers are covered under Captain Jarrod inshore charter boat license.
What do I need to bring for my trip?
- Sun block, hat, sunglasses. Light colored clothes are suggested for the summer months. Warm clothes are suggested in the winter months.
- Any food and soft drinks you would like for duration of the trip.
- White sole sneakers or deck shoes. No black sole shoes please.
- Sea sick prevention pills or patch. If you are susceptible to motion sickness, we recommend taking the medicine the night before your trip and just before you get on board.
- Cash for trip balance and gratuity.
What should I leave behind?
Please do not bring:
- No Glass Bottles or Glass Containers
- Black Soled Shoes
- Weapons of any kind, Illegal Drugs or Contraband
- Hard Liquor or Red Wine (beer & wine coolers are ok)
- No Coolers (The boat has 3 coolers on board)
- GPS or Loran Type Navigational Systems
- A Shitty Attitude (Remember to Smile, You’re Going to Have Fun!)
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Can I bring alcoholic beverages aboard?
Yes, you are welcome to bring beer or wine coolers (No Glass) and consume in moderation. No Hard Liquor or Red Wine of any type is permitted.
Can I bring my own rods/reels and tackle?
Yes, you can bring up to 1 rods/reels per person; however, it is not necessary as we provide them for you on board.
Can I bring a cooler on board?
No, you can bring your food/drink in bags and transfer onto ice in the boat coolers when you arrive. There is limited space on a bay boat, so we ask you leave coolers in your vehicle. Having a cooler can be useful! After the Captain filets your keeper fish, you can use your cooler to transport the meat to your home.
What time do we leave?
Departure times may be flexible, depending on the type of trip you are booking and the season. Captain Jarrod can assist you in deciding your departure time while you’re planning your trip.
How do I book a trip with you?
Once you’ve decided on the date(s) and type(s) of trip you’d like, you can call Captain Jarrod at 813-997-9897 for availability. Please text or leave a message, if the Captain doesn’t answer. He might be on the water and will respond when back on land. A $150 deposit is required at the time of booking to hold your date/trip.
What methods of payment do you accept?
- Cash is the prefer payment method!
- If you wish to pay by credit card there will be a fee of up to 3% charged.
- Aquatic Escapes also excepts Venmo, Zelle or Cashapp payments, without a 3% fee.
Please note, your trip must be paid in full prior to departure. If balance is due on the day of your trip, please pay Captain Jarrod in cash when you arrive at the dock.
What is your cancellation policy?
Our preparation for your trip begins several days prior and includes rigging tackle, fueling, setting live bait traps and netting bait, which is why we ask for at least 4 days cancellation notice, inclement weather being the exception.
In the event you need to cancel your charter, our policy is:
- If you cancel more than 96 hours out, you will receive your entire deposit refunded or trip rescheduled.
- If you cancel within 48-96 hours, you will get back 50% of your deposit.
- If you cancel within 48 or are a No-Show, you will forfeit your deposit.
If for some reason the Captain must cancel or there is inclement weather, we will work with you to reschedule or provide a full refund of deposit.
Can we keep what we catch?
Yes, you can keep your catch as long as you stay within legal size and bag limits on all species, deemed by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
What can I do with my fish if I am visiting?
There are several local restaurants, including Hooks Bar & Grill, that will cook your fresh fish as a family-style meal. Hooks will cook your fish Blackened, Fried or Grilled with two sides per person, for $11/person. (Hooks prices are they own, please don’t quote us!)